2 7-inch Whole Grain Tortillas
¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese
¾ cup Cheddar Cheese
1/3 cup Jersey Corn
¼ cup Red Onions
½ cup Baby Bella mushrooms
1/3 cup black beans
1 oz of cilantro
tbsp. of low-sodium taco seasoning
a pinch of Himalayan salt
a pinch of black pepper
8 oz. of raw broccoli
1 juiced lemon
3 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
2 tsp of Avocado Oil
- Add the mushrooms, red onions, and 1 tbsp. of olive oil together in a skillet and let them cook thoroughly (3-4 minutes).
- Add the black beans, corn, and cilantro together, in a bowl along with the salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Leave to the side.
- Once cooked, add the mushroom and onion mix to the bowl. Toss all ingredients until all the seasoning is coated evenly.
- Preheat another skillet to medium-heat and coat the pan with avocado oil.
- Place the tortilla on the skillet; add all of the cheeses as the first layer, then the bowl of mix as the second layer, and lastly another cheese layer. Add the second tortilla on top and press.
- Wait for the bottom to slightly brown, and then flip to the other side of the quesadilla. Wait for this side to slightly brown as well.
- When done, place on a plate and cut into four quarters.
Broccoli (side dish)
- Bring a large pan of water, with about 2 tsp salt (optional) to the boil. There should be enough water to well cover the broccoli.
- When the water is boiling, plunge the broccoli into the water and boil for about 1.5 minutes. Meanwhile, mince or finely chop the garlic and mix with the lemon juice.
- Drain the broccoli, rinse well with cold water to stop the cooking process and transfer back to the hot pan.
- Pour in the lemon juice and garlic and mix or shake around well to ensure the broccoli is well covered.
- Plate & enjoy!